outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, May 29, 2006

Balladoran in NSW

My site meter report said a web address from there, Balladoran had clicked on Outback to Jungle so I thought I'd tell about my Grandpa and Grandma, WH and VK Anderson who had the post office and store and petrol depot and silo agency for a long time and then of my Uncle George and Auntie Ollie who took over and of Auntie Jen and Uncle George and my Dad WT known as "Brother" because as children Auntie Jen was the older and she fondly called her little brother "Brother" which stuck. So much so that in the Eumungerie cricket score books of about the 1930s there was a very good bowler listed as B Anderson with figures of 8/13 in one match. I said to my Uncle George at the Eumungerie cricket club reunion about 1992 this B Anderson was good, and was he related and he said, no that's your Dad - sometimes the scorer as they do, yell out who's the bowler and the closest fieldsman call out "Brother Anderson" and so on that day that's how he was recorded instead of his more usual name Tim. Dad was WT and Grandpa was WH. Dad was named after his uncle Timothy who was killed in France in WW1, and the W for Walter after his father.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home