outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Sunday, May 28, 2006

two of the girls

were harmonmising There is a green Hill far away during Fr Stanleys sermon. I'm sure the sermon was thoughtful but I found myself listening to the music. And ther is the other think about Church here - the number of children and teenagers compared with a typical service back home. They all come up for the blessing if they are not confirmed and they must make up at least a third of the congration. Which makes me wonder about the saints and sinners distinction which is how the historians see one way of viewing the convict/frr settler/soldier-guards population of early Sydney. So many good natured people at church and around campus and at the bus stop and everywhere else and yet the reputation of all is besmirched by the disproprtionate number of roques and villains and petty and major criminals. I always sit down for a chat and cupper adter church and today I met the policeman who is investigating the stabbing of a localk churchgoing businessman a couple weeks ago- described in the blog "random nath". Harold came over and told me he too was taught by Fr Ron, a mutual acquaintance who I know from my church at St Lukes Enmore.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home