outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, May 29, 2006

would the eye-gouger

be happy if he ended up with an eye in his hand? I was watching a footy game yesterday and one bloke is to be charged with eye gouging. The same with head high tacklers. Would they be happy if they broke a bloke's neck and either killed him or paralysed him? I spose the Barry Halls of footy would be happy if their elbow took out a bloke's front teeth? Yesterday in what was sposed to be a peaceful demo about something or other to do with gay rights in Moscow a policeman was severely injured after being punched in the head. I spose the rebels are happy they have killed nine policemen and burned down the houses of so many others in East Timor? I spose the cameraman is happy he caught on film the act of the arsonists burning down someone's house in East Timor? -What a scoop. Mate there I was, I sees these blokes go into this other blokes house and fair dinkum they sets fire to it right there in front of me eyes and I got the whole lot on me camera. I was there, right on the spot. OK, so you didn't think to suggest to them that it was not right to burn down some poor bastard's house? Oh no mate. This is a scoop. Live TV and I was there. Great journalism dontcha reckon?

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home