outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I don't know why the pop-corn machine

isn't there anymore. I was a regular pop-corn eater for a long time and then work took me away from it and then when I returned there was no pop-corn. Another mystery of the universe but like everything else it has its answers in rumours or facts. Money from the sale of popcorn was for student amenities but like everything it went into one bucket and there was none left to buy the raw product. Another one was that it was closed by management because it was costing power. Another one was that it was closed by management because a lap top was stolen durin lunch hour. I liked pop-corn. I used to buy two packets and share it among my office colleagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home