outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yesterday I booked myself home

for Christmas. I went into town in the afternoon. I was told to take the truck but I wanted to have another PMV ride. I am worried now that I might be a PMV ride addict. I get a hit out of taking the challenge, of getting into one of these "vehicles" belching smoke, crabbing down the road, of watching through the rust holes and cracks the road zip by.
I had to go into town to post my assignment and while I was there I saw the travel agent to book my return home flight for Christmas. Oh, and I got some money out. I was down to bare coins after "lending" some more money. I hope I don't owe anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home