outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I saw the security ute that was shot at

the previous night. The guards were around checking up on Joseph and I had just taken out some dinner (casserole and mashed veges) to Joseph. They showed me the dings in the rear panel and the hole in the canopy over the dogs' cage.
Apparently it is not a good idea to be caught by the guards if one is up to doing rascol activity. When the Police turn up to take over from the security guards they find that the rascol has somehow severely injured himself and broken a lot of bones while attempting to flee the scene of the crime. My Christian side tells me that I should feel sorry for the rascol; my human instinct side tells me serves him right.
Poverty is the root cause of the violence. You meet nationals and they are lovely people like people everywhere. They and kind and smiling and friendly. And they are proud of their culture which is distinctively unique.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your blog. Have it bookmarked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home