outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, aussies all

Let me say how humbled I am to be addressing you as your PM for the fifth time. I have the utmost respect and admiration for your sound judgement which has so wisely elected me four times now. I trust your common decency and political sense as I offer myself to you for the fifth time. I bring before you a programme for the next three years to confront the boogie man. These will be difficult years..
What about jobs in rural Australia?
A job is no good to you if the boogie man gets you and your family my friends. You must be alert and afraid.
What about the breakdown in community?
Yes indeed, and it will break down even further if we do not address the boogie man. My Party has policies to deal with the boogie man, unlike the Opposition...
How many more interest rate rises are there?
Interest rates are the scariest weapon of the boogie man. You must be afraid of the boogie man. You cannot afford the luxury of wondering about jobs and community and interest rates. This is not the time to be rational. You must panic. Let your emotion spill over. Be afraid. Shout in terror. And vote for me.
Has anyone ever seen the boogie man?
Thank you. I have the utmost respect for your good will and common decency. Thank you. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home