outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, June 02, 2006

we were talking last night

about understated comedy which i think was what made Peter Sellers a master without peer in comedy. I recalled a Seinfield episode when Elaine and Jerry were looking for Kramer in the picture theatre complex and Jerry asks the attendant if he had a seen a guy sort of looks like horse go in. You see the guy thinking and then Elaine whacks Jerry and says Oh Jerry he does not look like a horse and you are about to think oh good, someone is about to defend poor Kramer when Elaine goes on - more like a moose I'd say. So just when you think a compliment is coming, you get a double whammy of insult. Oh he does not look like a moose. His hair is much more like a horse and his nose is definitely horsey looking. Yair but his lips and his eyes Jerry they're much more like a moose. So here in the background is the theatre attendant dude trying to make sense of what this friend looks like. Kramer would be insulted if you said he looked like a horse. Well it's better to look like a horse than a moose. I hope I can get some work to do soon - I'm getting tired of just mucking around filling up my blogspot when I ought to be doing something constructive for my assignment. There goes another earth tremor.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home