outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Sunday, May 14, 2006

now do you see why

I'm so frustrated? This was in my email today: "In the morning I will be participating in a Chamber of Commerce organized Careers & Guidance show in Mt. Hagen and fly back to Lae at 1235 midday flight arriving at my office sometime after 2:30 pm. We can meet at 3:00 pm at our office with Geoffrey Anderson." The meeting between my intermediaries who arranged this volunteer position has been expected for months and the intermediary has been trying its butt off its a wonder there's any toilet paper left. So what has my boss decided is his priority for the day? It tells you what he thinks of AVI and of my contribution. Should we continue to make allowances for these people on the basis that they are "only a developing country"? Developing country my arse. They are laughing all the way to their individual bank accounts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home