outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, May 12, 2006

Do i have any choice

but to live in an uncertain world? Yesterday it was not even certain that my font selection was determined. I have some work I can do today: I need to pay to have my gas bottle refilled; I need to write up my policy part of the Externalisation policy document which is being discussed at the Externalisation policy meeting next Tuesday; I need to get my agenda item over to the secretary of this meeting and hope that it is not too late for its inclusion. So this part of the day is planned. I will watch the CountryvCity match at Dubbo tonight. But as for the rest of the day maybe I just have to let it unfold. Predictability is good - but predictablity about uncertainty or uncertainty? I would like to know that if the unexpected doesn't happen then that I have something else constructive to do. But this business of turning up to work each day and wondering if anything I do has any meaning in this organisation I work for, then that is very wearing. What choices do I have? How can I determine my day in a productive way if what I came here for is no longer purposeful? How can I do something purposeful if I have no guidelines for what would be purposeful for this organisation? I am not the ultimate boss of my endeavours so I do not want to waste time on unmeaningful endeavours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home