outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, May 08, 2006

am I such a prickly character

This is my diary entry for today. "Time of writing, 8.23am. I arrived at work just after 8, went to my office, turned on my computer, read the confidential letter from HOD and went to see the HOD whom I met at the pigeon holes. I said we needed to to discuss my job description because I had done as much as I could within the current policy constraints. He said we would discuss it later and I said I had given him 9 days to think about it and he said he couldn't do it right now because he had to go and off he went with his digital camera in hand. I went back to my office to stew and thought no, this man can't just walk off when there is a pressing staff matter so I followed him out to the car and I told him George, you don't seem interested in what I am here to do and he just kept walking to his car and drove off. I then went over to see the VC and make an appointment. On the way back I called to see a colleague. I have finished writing this at 8.30 am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home