outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Sunday, May 14, 2006

if I were brought here

as a brain surgeon and were given nurses aide duties to do I would be pretty pissed off. Doesn't this clown realise there are other people in the world hanging out for someone with my skills to help them? There's people in his own country who want me to have my skills used but the big-noter is not motivated beyong his own selfish interests. If he lacks the skills and authority and drive to plan how to use me then he ought to give the job over to someone who knows how to use me. Fat chance. He's not going to give up the prestige - some prestige working for this place where there is no direction and the leadership just uses it as a private bank for their own purposes. They can't find money to pay for basic utilities but there's always money for overseas trips and living away from home allowances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home