outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I've been wanting

to blog my weekend but other things such as Simon's funeral and the haus meri and the wishful thinking about my assignment have got in the way. So I "helped" Roger - actually watched is a better word - fix his muffler with spaghetti tins and hose clamps and then he took me shopping. The campus AVIs (Tony, Robert, self) got together on Sarere night with Eli and Roger and we went in to meet the town AVI's (Jane, Nathan) at the LAE Inter on Sunde and to wish former AVI Alex and VSO Jonika warm congratulations for their wedding in Melbourne this coming Sarere. Jonika na Alex have been very kind to AVIs - my first night in Lae was at Jonika's for a party and we went there for Christmas avinun na evening. I get to look after Patch for three or four days as Roger, father of the bride goes to Melbourne.
I struggle to understand why externalisation of courses is so difficult a concept and so complex to implement here. Without having taught and written distance materials these days, university lecturers would find it difficult to get a job in any other university. The astute ones are already committing courses to the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home