outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pop-corn masin is back

I had been taking PNG hard biscuits - these are like beef or chicken flavoured biscuits (about 50t for a packet of 4 Sao sized biscuits) for lunch but I had run out so I went over to the bread shop across the road and bought a pie K2.50 and a dozen hot scones K4.80 which I shared out among the staff. Then I went over to my 1pm tute group and on the way I saw the Pop-corn masin was back in action. Apparently they were allowed back in order to raise funds for the lap top which was stolen through no fault of the hard working Audio Visual staff.
I can feel the warmer weather starting and with it comes power rationing.
"PNG Power has informed us that the current load shedding of power will be ongoing for the rest of the week. Approximate time is 2 hours.No particular time frame has been mentioned but mostly likely during the lunch hour- afternoon period. Staff are also reminded of their public notice in the news papers for power outage from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Sunday 15th October."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home