outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, August 11, 2006

Yair, good onyer Mother Theresa

Go you good thing, yair you go girl, show us how this "things of the heart" stuff is done. Oh, but you want some help? Yair sure, I've got some loose change here. No worries, you have a good one. See you round. Nah, my shout mate. Coupl'er schooners pal thanks. Fair dinkum it's good to see them charity dudes around and all that. I don't mind helping them out and all that like it's for a good cause y'know. It's not as though it's for beggars on the street or anything. I don't give them nothing - the beggars I mean. But for proper charities, well you don't mind giving them a dollar or so cause they hand it on to the proper needy ones. Well put it this way - it's better to give to the Salvos cause they work for nothing. I mean if the government put up our taxes for this "things of the heart" business, well we'd end up paying for people to sit behind desks. This way it doesn't cost any overheads for fat cats to sit around. Know what I mean?
Well who pays the Salvos or the Vinnies or the Mother Theresas?
They're mostly retired old dudes with nothing to do. They're better off doing this charity business than sitting around in a nursing home waiting to die. Me, I'll be fishin' and playin' golf when I retire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home