outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Sunday, August 06, 2006

my fellow Australians

I am seeking your endorsement for a record fifth term of government. My government has successfully turned back the clock fifty years and in the next three years I am going to take this country back almost to the glorious days of Federation. Thank you, thank you for that generous endorsement. My goals to achieve that aim are 1. To redevelop the deforestation projects of the early C20th by removing the GST on chainsaws and bulldozers. Yes, thank you, thank you. Ha ha.
Secondly, To return to the romantic and inefficient days of steam trains. This will compensate for the high price of petrol and will teach the oil producers in the Moslem Middle East that they can't hold us to ransom. Thank you, thank you. Yes ha ha I know its a good policy but thank you yes, I've got more. Thirdly. To reintroduce the glorious days of the 5pm-6pm swill. Too many young people are being unAustralian by drinking breezers and nightclubbing until after 8pm and this policy will remind them of their great great grandparents. Thank you. Thank you.
My fellow Australians, if we can implement these, then I have further plans to take us back a further one hundred years. Thank you. You're too generous. I plan to reintroduce squatters and swaggies which are so much part of our heritage. Thank you. And if this is successful, then I will reintroduce the cat o' nine tails and return the touristy convict gaols back to proper working gaols. Thank you, thank you my fellow Australians all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home