outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, August 04, 2006

blogging problem

seems to be a problem not only with me. I just read Robert's blog - first time I have been able to connect this week I think. I have been trying to download the pictures of the PNG turkeys which I note Robert has been able to do but my photos just don't seem to want to grab. It's been explained like trying to squeeze a 2cm marble through a 1cm hole. 2 into 1 doesn't go. One would have thought that computers had heard of rational numbers and decimals etc - cut the photo in two, poke one bit throught the cyber cable, poke the other bit through and sticky tape it on the other side. Why didn't Bill Gates think of that? I will try to get some photos posted over the weekend - as Robert says, before 7am might be the go.
We had a blackout last night just as I was about to watch the enjoyable Daniel Deronda on ABC Asia Pacific. I too taught a full load this week: four classes at two hours each plus attendance at the lecture. My subject is English as a Second Language for Academic Discourse.
Externalisation is finally going places. The policy is in the hands of Senior Executive Management. As for upgrading the Adult Matriculation Course - we will start to do that next weekend with teachers from the secondary schools around Lae.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home