outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

letter to Post Courier

My ice cream had begun to soften by 9pm Monday so Roger, Joseph and I had to eat it with banana and pawpaw. I was not alone in having thawing problems as this letter explains.
"PNG Power not reliable
What is up with the main hydro scheme up at Yonki? I just heard news that PNG Power has shut down the turbines at Yonki because of landowner threats. PNG Power should have sent out notices last week so that people in Lae, Madang, Goroka and other Highlands provinces are prepared for the power interruption. It’s close to 24 hours now since power went off yesterday and all my meat in the fridge is going to go bad. I didn’t plan to eat them all but now I have no choice. Now what about the critically ill patients in hospital and big stores without back up generator. I just wish there is an act that I can sue PNG Power for such inconvenience. It’s not the first time this sole electricity company has shut down power without giving out notices. What is the PNG Power public relations officials doing? They should be informing people and organisations on these matters. Maisan Pahun victimised"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home