outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Top secret 2

Private and Confidential: For Your Majesty's Eyes Only.
I write concerning the ambitions of Your Majesty's Chancellor of the Exchequer known as the Treasurer in your Realm of Australia.
It may have escaped Your Majesty's notice but Your Majesty's Treasurer wants the job of your Majesty's Prime Minister in Australia (down near Antartica? New Zealand? Tasmania? Heard Island?). I refer Your Majesty to the Precedent when Your Majesty's Viceroy terminated Your Majesty's poor choice for Prime Minister Whitlam 30 years ago. Might Your Majesty humbly allow Your Majesty's Prime Minister to advise you to terminate the commission of Your Majesty's Treasurer? Perhaps Treason, lese maieste, disloyalty to Your Majesty's Prime Minister may be reason enough in your letter of dismissal?
I would sack him myself but I have my own honour and dignity to think about. I have told the media that Peter is a splendid chap, wonderfully loyal, etc, etc, and I would not want them to think I was a liar or anything like that if you know what I mean. Felicitations from the ex-colony Your Majesty.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger San Nakji said...

Australia? Nope, never heard of it!!! Ha ha ha. Nice blog. I love the PNG photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home