outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

maate,maate, it's easy

After talking about the blogs I read yesterday mate Atul showed me how to become a computer linguist and to write computer speak. Thus I managed to move my blogsites to the links section. I talked before about getting to know the subject as well as the object and so I am learning to know me, the subject, a bit better as I read other blogs and other comments on my blogs.
I really did get myself tangled last week when I wrote something which offended a reader. Two ways of looking at it. You can't please everybody. If you try to, you'll end up pleasing no-one. Act on your own conscience. I did that. I removed the offensive material and apologised and invited an active response to dialogue. If all blogs were the same I'd end up reading only my own. Thus I learn more about the object, or the other, as viewed from the perspective of other people. Robert wrote of mercenaries, missionaries and misfits. I think I know how I would classify myself but I'll keep that a secret until I have learnt about the subject a bit more.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home