outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

he who does anything because it is the custom

makes no choice. John Stuart Mill. Today's calendar aphorism. Some people pay a compliment as if they expect a receipt. Kim Hubbard, aphorism 13 June. So what choice will I make. I am wondering about my future prompted in regard to another AVI mate who has decided to give three months notice. Should I, shouldn't I, will I, won't I? I want to stay for the election period next year as I think it will be fascinating to see people power PNG style. Furthermore I think things are happening even though they are very slow. I come to work every day and I spend most of my time on the computer on the internet and still I get to play solitaire. But John assures me we now have writers lined up to rewrite the Adult Matriculation Courses and this will be a major accomplishment. It will prove we can at least do something. Externalisation of University level courses hopefully will follow shortly after that and I am semi optimistic that some University subjects will be available for teachers in the first instance to upgrade their qualifications. I expect the University will get more teachers to teach the increased number of students in the same way it gets more cars. It is a mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home