outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I listened to the news

on the TV this morning and it sounds like it is an exciting old world out there in Newsland. A guy has been arrested for murder; an Australian girl was shot in the neck in Thailand; Sunny bill Williams is fit to play on Friday night; the Japanese can slaughter some more whales. There must not have been enough homo sapiens killed in Iraq overnight to warrant their deaths being newsworthy any more. That's great news about Sunny Bill though isn't it? Third top story of the day, eh?
I did my French 305 Literature exam yesterday. I was very tired after sitting up to watch the Brazil V Australia soccer on Sunday night and I couldn't concentrate on my last minute cramming so I went over to AVI mate's N's place for a sleep and last minute cramming. Cramming for literature study means going over the arguments for different critical positions and checking one has everything covered. In the end the questions - two essays in two hours were more general than I had prepared for. N's haus meri was prepared for me to have a sleep on a BED so when I told her I don't sleep on a bed in the daytime and I just wanted to lie on the FLOOR she was full of consternation that I would not be comfortable. She insisted she put a sheet on the floor though. Sometimes one just has to compromise. Thank you N and Wendy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home