outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, June 16, 2006

I spent salad days in pubs

and I saw all talk and no action blokes. Oh yair? Come outside and say that. You wanna fight? Yair, come on then. Naa, you come on then. Yair you're weak. Yair, come outside and say that. Yair you're not game. Ah you're drunk mate. Yair? Come outside and say that. You'd lose your way. I'd never find ya. Hold me hand then and I'll show ya. I wouldn't hold your hand - it's probably sticky. Yair, come outside and say that.
Then, being a school teacher, the number of Headmasters I was told about who have had canes broken in two and wrapped around neck, heads punched in, teeth knocked out, it's a wonder emergency wards and dentists ever had time to treat car accident victims or fillings for anyone else.
Then as for stud material. 15 times on me wedding night mate fair dinkum. On a whole night? Mate, 15 times in the first hour. What, with only your wife? Mate, after the reception ... and on and on it goes as if these jokers expect someone to believe them. No wonder Australian politics is like it is. That's the tragedy. We do believe them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home