outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, June 19, 2006

sell that you *&% low life thief

I got to the bus stop yesterday as one bus with some room on it was leaving. By the time the next bus had come, about 20 minutes later, a crowd of 100 passengers had gathered. I let the next three buses take them away. By this time it was getting late for church so I pushed my way on to the next PMV which took me to Kamkumung. I had to stand the whole trip near the door and when I got off I discovered the thief standing next to me (he's not a person - he's a low life *&% thief) had tried to get my mobile phone cover stuffed with cardboard which was attached to my bag with string. So I put it back in my phone slot of my bag. I then moved over to get the Eriku bus and there was a crowd there too. Anyway I got to the front and I felt the person behing me pushing and shoving - just another rude "passenger" swung in from the vines out of the jungle who doesn't know about manners and courtesy and politeness and civility and taking turns I thought. Then the good people started yelling at him as he ran off with my mobile phone cover stuffed with cardboard and paper. I would love to have seen his face as he read the message surrounding the cardboard - "Sell this you *&% low life thief."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home