outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

will things be any different?

Drained isn't the feeling, it's more like despondency - sadness without hope that things are going to get better even after the huge input of yesterday. I've just been in a meeting to discuss what am I going to do and there seems to be still no resolution and nor any enthusiasm for resolution. Maybe it's all too hard and he's hoping I'll leave and not give him any more problems. At least I've got my paper Restructuriung to Synchronise on the agenda and I've already developed the powerpoint presentation but this meeting is not until next Tuesday. It's the problem of being a little cog in a big wheel which is just parked at the rubbish dump waiting for things to happen to it. It's a passive existence. I think I'll send off to my mate about the jobs with the church he was talking about. I'd love to see courses externalised but if this is not going to happen well it's better I should realise this. I also need to think about another job with Save the Children which a mate emailed me. It's based in Afgh where I was to have been going originally: "ALLIANCE GLOBAL CHALLENGE PLAN MANAGER - AFGHANISTAN. Guide and support the implementation of Afghanistan's Global Challenge (GC) Country Plan using a rights-based approach in all programming and policy advocacy work. Meet with Alliance country/program directors at least monthly to apprise them of specific GC activity/initiatives progress, to seek their advice/counsel and to discuss pertinent budgetary matters, particularly with regard to funding for jointly-implemented GC activities/initiatives such as advocacy with the Ministry of Education and collaboration/work with other organizations. Be the key communicator and representative of the Afghanistan GCWG to the Alliance Secretariat (London) and to Afghanistan's Ministry of Education and other relevant ministries. Support Alliance members' project staff to ensure effective development and management of individual GC initiatives, with special focus on programming to enhance child participation as well as child protection. Lead GCWG efforts to communicate with other organizations (government, UN agencies, NGOs) to build strong and effective information exchange networks for child protection and safe, child-friendly education."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home