outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, May 15, 2006

is it such a terrible thing

to be as intemperate and impatient as I am? I never use crude language and when I do it lets off steam. The sentiments remain the same only I moderate them when I have cooled down. I still don't know what is to be happening to me but I cannot take this uncertainty much longer. My boss doesn't care because if he did he would be where his priority should be. A programme on SBS last night talked about psychopathism manifested itself in criminals as well as bosses: symptoms were those such as bullying, extreme self centredness, lying, pursuit of personal ends no matter what, hypocricy. My boss has all of these tendencies so I don't see how I can possibly reestablish a working relationship with him. When he came in to aplogise the other day I said to myself he would have to do better than that, but the other manner of the psychopath is slipperiness which makes you feel as though this time he is genuine. He would not know what genuine was but he has developed such a complex that he can make you think he deserves one more chance. He can't help himself but to be psychopathic. I'm trying to work out the origins - psycho for soul, pathos for pity but how do these come together?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home