outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Sunday, April 16, 2006

I've a message from the Lord

Alleluia, I've a message from the Lord for you. Lukautim i go antap. sanup na putim Jesas Krais long ples bilong yu. Igo antap, igo antap, igo antap. Mama papa pikinini man meri yu, yu lukautim olgeta, igo antap, igo antap igo antap. They get really excited about their faith and the way it comes across in tok pisin is just pure faith based joy. igo antap = He goes above (on top) = He is going to Heaven = He is risen. As for their rhythmic clapping with a taa tefi beat interspersed with a tafetefi beat well I can't compete. I was never much good at a 3/4 waltz let alone trying to understand a 9/13 beat if there is such a thing.
I am sure I will be back after going to Australia next week to see Mum and Matthew and to do my Camus assignment and hopefully get to see Cynthia. But I'm just recounting now how much I enjoy the acapella singing. I think two of the Australian Opera stars are Pini so I wonder if they are related to the gold medallist and the Theodist company? What were their names now? I saw one of them in the Magic Flute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home