outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, April 14, 2006

normally I wouldn't be in

its being Good Friday but I went to 9am Church, talked to Nathan afterwards because he too was in a rewrite contract dilemma but his was the other extreme - doing two jobs -Accountant and Acting General Secretary. Rewites have implications for AusAid funding and other issues but it seems to me that if I have done as much as my job within policy constraints will allow me to do then there is no other choice. So far, in order to draw attention to the need to do something, I have written papers to my bosses on Renegotiating the Objectives of my Job Description; Assignment Objectives and Direction; Leadership, Direction, Coherence and the Externalisation Goal; Role of the Instructional Designer DODL; Direction and Clarification of my Role, DODL, AMC and Tertiary Externalisation; Clarification of DODL, Instructional Designer, Academic Department and Academic Board. There are six papers here and between them I would have thought in normal circumstances someone in authority might have realised there was a problem that needed to be clarified and a direction that needed to be addressed. There is close to a ream of papers that I have written since I came nearly six months ago, all addressed to Instructional design and trying to get tertiary externalisation off the ground. What makes this University think it is so special that when nearly every other University in the world is dual mode that this one is so elite at about number 5328 in the world rankings and 68th in Oceania that it doesn't have to externalise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home