outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, April 13, 2006

another sore leg

This time it is on my left leg and in a difficult position where I have trouble monitoring its healing. I don't even know how it started - I assume I scratched it on something but it is over two weeks now that I have been treating it with antiseptic powder and cream and iodine and antibiotic powder. I cover it up with a bandaid to hold the powder in place but that seems to make it go gooey. It's not as red around the edges and it didn't make my leg go stiff like the previous time and I didn't see the clinic for antibiotics. I don't like taking them or any medicine if I can help it. Steve's mother started each day with a bex and she ended up on dialysis which he puts down to the bex so I don't even like tablets for a hangover or any headache - usually I try as much water in the first instance and if that doesn't fix it I reluctantly have a tablet.
As for the Iranians who are giving the Yanks a headache over their announcement of successful uranium enrichment. good for them. I heard Pres Bush of the USA announce he would not allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Not allow? Not allow? Who the hell does this man or his country think it is? Julius Caesar and Rome? I remember when Caesar told the Gauls he would not allow them into Rome's allies' territory but I thought we had moved beyond Roman dictatorship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home