outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

bless me father for I have sinned

Is that you again John?
Yes Father. Father, I have to...
Wait up John. You're not going to tell me you've told more lies are you?
Well yes, as a matter of fact I was. How did you know?
John, you're reputation is such that I don't believe you when you tell me you have sinned. You've got no cred with God. He doesn't believe you when you say sorry and I don't believe you when you say you've sinned.
Oh but Father, that is so unfair. You've been got at by Rudd haven't you?
John, we've been through this before. You are even President of Liar's Anonymous, but you refuse to name your problem. Even if you did say you were a liar, no-one would believe you. You are in a bind between a rock and a hard place. Do you understand what I mean?
Yes Father.
No you don't understand do you - you have lied to me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home