outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, March 12, 2007

PM is released from Prison

Gaoler: Righto Brown, you're free to go. Sign here.
PM: Good day and good riddance and no thanks at all.
Police Officer standing in waiting: One moment please PM.
PM: Oh good, I am still recognised by somebody. Yes, you have a Commonwealth Car to take me back to Kirribilli?
Police Officer: No, I am arresting you for avoiding custody. Return this man to gaol.
PM: But but but this is outrageous. You can see I have just come out of custody. I have served one day sentence which the judge prescribed.
Police Officer: No, Bill Brown served one day. John Howard has been on the run. Lock him away for one day original sentence and one day for avoiding lawful custody.
Gaoler: Yair, what's you name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home