outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, February 01, 2007

"beware the fury of a patient man." - Dryden

the desk calendar saying for 8-9 September. I like that. I wonder if I am patient? I left Brisbane on Tuesday about 11am and got to PM about 2pm. By 3pm I was at the Lamana hotel where I watched the cricket. I had a nice piece of barramundi at the restaurant for dinner. I should have remebered Kevin's phone and stayed out at the PM city mission. I'll try to remember for next time. I was booked on the 4pm flight on Wednesday to Lae but I went to the airport early to try to get on the noon flight. Too full. Just check I am on the 4pm I asked - just in case because I had been away for 6 weeks. No. you're not on. You were a no show so your booking was cancelled. Excuse me? I am here in PM. How did I get from Lae to PM if I was a no show? Dunno, but the computer says you were a no show. Well here is my boarding card which says I was a show. Yes but even so you are not booked on and there are no seats. I was booked six weeks ago. Who is going to pay for my hotel room tonight? Go and see the Deputy Senior Reservations Attendant. Ah yes we have seat for you - 3D. I got back to the airport at 2pm and boarded at the first call just in case there were two people with 3D boarding passes. There weren't. And this plane for which there was a stand-by list of 26 took off with seat 1F empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home