outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, October 20, 2006

I've never been this popular before

so I am thinking of getting a job as a celebrity. Or maybe it might be that i am just charismatic? I was busy at my desk the other day when staff came and told me that Ben was outside and wanted to see me. I went out and couldn't recognise anyone so I asked who wanted to see me. A person told me they were from my church. I didn't recognise them in that context either so I told them I was busy and went back to work. Half an hour later staff came and told me another name wanted to see me so I went out and a colleague followed. I asked the person what they wanted and they moved away so my colleague couldn't hear (and neither could I) so my colleague said what is it you want? Is it work related? No? Then go away. We have work to do.
Why would someone find out where I worked? I assume they wanted money. This morning someone rang me on my mobile but I could not understand what they wanted. They addressed me by name but the line dropped out. Why pick on me? Don't they have wonkoks of their own? I've got my own wontoks back in Australia - don't they realise that? They are not the only ones with wontoks. Why ask a volunteer? Why don't they ask a contracted or consultant worker on heaps of money? I've just had a nasty thought. What if ASIS is on to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home