outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

finally after nearly two months

I got to church again yesterday. John took me in. We hadn't been able to go because we had been working on weekends with the teachers from schools to help rewrite the Adult Matriculation Courses. I normally can get there on a Tuesday but getting home is a problem as the PMVs don't run after after about 5.30. I met another sort of volunteer worker, ex-VSO from England but Nigerian in origin, working on HIVAids with Anglicare, name Kola.
The Psalm and the reading from Job were so meaningful. Ps88 "O Lord, the God who saves me, day and night I cry out before you. May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry. For my soul is full of trouble and my life draws near the grave...But I cry to you for help O Lord."
I've got a slight headache today and I don't think I am over the malaria yet so I'll have to go back to the clinic to get a blood check again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home