outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, October 02, 2006

Dear Realist - that's better

Thank you for reading and thank you for commenting. I am proud of my ancestry in the same way most people are even proud that they have convict heritage. You are the one who started the "hatred and bile" with the "bitter, loser, sad, twisted, fool" line and I am not going to be bullied by this name calling and this attempt at a put down.
Now let's get down to business. I don't know what crimes Mr David Hicks, Citizen of Australia is guilty of. That is the purpose of a court to find out. How come you know that he is guilty? My point all along has been that people like Mr David Hicks Citizen of Australia, Martin Bryant of Port Arthur infamy, the recent massacrist in the USA along with other massacrists such as at Columbine High have fallen through the community support system because community itself has broken down. You can mistreat a dog but if it gets the chance it will bite.
If an Australian has let the team down, it says more about us that we turn our backs on him than it says about him. Blokes who pinched food in the POW camps, the bloke on the Burke and Wills trip who pinched food might have let themselves and the side down but mates still carried them on. That is where I am coming from. I am trying not to judge lest I myself be condemned. But I am entitled to an opinion. That is what democracy is about. An opinion without being bullied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home