outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, July 21, 2006

get a life - what does that mean?

Get over it - we've won, you've lost, get over it. Top attitude that. So what? We killed 6 million Jews. Get over it. We knocked down two of your buildings. Get over it. We bombed Bali, Madrid, Jakarta, London. Get over it. I'm white, you're black. Get over it. I'm straight, you're gay. Get over it. I'm bigger than you. Get over it. We've got nukes, you haven't and we won't let you have them. Get over it. I'm David Hicks and you allege I fought with the Taliban. So what? Get over it. We poisoned your flour and settled sheep on your land and genocided the Tasmanians. Get over it. It doesn't matter any more. Today is the start of the future. Join us or wallow in the past. Get over it and get a life.
Top attitude that.
People do not just get over it. Bali was four years ago. The Holocaust was 60 years ago. New York was five years ago. My commenter tells me to get over it. Does my commenter tell these victims the same thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home