outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, June 26, 2006

the most preciousest little son

in all the world. How privileged does a father have to be to have a son like mine? I love my little man. I rang last night to check that my little boy who is now a big man of 25 but who is still just a squinchy bit shorter than I am - until the cartilege starts shrinking from between my spine - was still in one piece following his footy game at the weekend. He told me it was rained out. Rugby? Rained out? I remember it happened last year too. Not the fault of the players' not wanting to have a romp in the mud but the grounds staff closed the oval. We played in sleet one time at Bathurst Teachers College - well actually several times but one time it was more freezing than others that I remeber. Anyway, i asked Matt to get a box of Chocolates and send over to Mum: she and I and the late Princess Diana share birthdays on First July. So Matt says he will go up there before his footy next Saturday which is at Yamba. Mum was excited to hear from Matt during the week that he was going to go back to Uni full time to finish his course - in Hospitality, Tourism and Business Management with Southern Cross. I'll be glad that he gets out of the hotel industry but it has been good for him. There is a camaraderie which he has enjoyed for its giving him a family of brothers and sisters which he missed when his little sister died.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those rugby blokes on the far north coast must be pansies not playing in the mud, it was great fun further south playing rugby in the mud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home