outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

pissing in a pocket

I have probably at same stage made a boss uncomfortably wet by pissing in his pocket but I hope the practice in my case is not habitual. Dad never did it and if I have then I am sorry. Likewise if I have ever started a conversation and then abruptly ended it by talking to someone else then I am sorry. For the second time the same bloke has snubbed me. That is just rude. I went out last night with a pleasant group of people and while the rest of the table went to order dinner he began to engage me in conversation when another guest turned up and I was ignored completely. I mean I wouldn't have minded if he had said something like "excuse me for a moment, Hello Jack. I was just listening to this engaging young man, now where were we, of yes you were telling me about...Listen to this Jack." As for the pocket piddlers, they belong to the same category of people - they recognise someone who could help their career despite their personal mediocrity and rude people who ignore the more humble and probably taciturn (he's got a lot to be humble about) for the pharisaic tassel wearers of Jesus' scorn. Maybe I was sullen myself but I was nevertheless glad to have gone out because a friend's Dad had a stroke and is in a coma on life support and so between us we needed to unwind. In that situation rude people and pocket piddlers are more obvious and offensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home