outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

other PNG bloggers

Random Nath can be accessed by Robert's blog www.schilt.info/blog but I have not got the technical skills yet to put them on my site. Roberts got good pictures and his item today on the power cabling problem is illustrative of the problems we have. I'm trying more and more to see things from the capacity building perspective which is supposed to stop me from becoming frustrated but when you realise that a lot of the people responsible for decisions are equally as well if not better educated than I am with doctorates from Australian and other universities I wonder about the philosophy of capacity building. Mind you there are a lot of caring people in the make-a- -difference sections of the departments and they get frustrated too by the instutionalised indifference to the sorry stae of the infrastructure and the lawlessness - just like the other day when the women turned away at her lack of power to stop the bullying criminal thieves. Without them PNG would already be ungovernable. Nathan reminded me when I was complaining of the 36 hr blackout that he'd just come back from Popondetta Theological College where they have a generator for power between 7-10pm -tasol - three hours a day so that puts a 36 hour blackout into perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home