outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, March 27, 2006

laughing at their crime

What was most galling about the theft of my phone was the brazeness of the thieves who thought it a great joke they had stolen a phone off the wait man. There they were waving and shouting, "Hey there wait man bro I'll ring you tonight bro" as the bus was collecting the last of its passengers. So when I rang the next morning my own number about 11am and this sleepy voice says "ullo, yu tok" I told the thief I want my phone back you @#$% thieving &*%$ low life ^%*@. I don't normally swear and I'm not sufficiently generous of spirit to excuse their criminality on grounds of lack of education. That sort of laughing behaviour was typical of the bullying behaviour of school kids who would take off your hat and throw it around among themselves just to tease because they can tease and get away with it. As I said elsewhere I hope the $%&* get Aids and ear cancer. Being generous of spirit to criminals is beyond what thieves who are also bullies would understand. You could put people like this through Oxford and they'd still lack understanding of what humanity was about. Unfortunately this contrasts with most of the other PNGns who disown them and their behaviour but are too powerless to prevent them from asserting their criminal power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home