outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

sorry about blogger

I do not know why blogger is misbehaving. It is telling me my blog didn't publish owing to an unconnection so I republish and then I go in to the edit mode and I delete one of the posts but it stays on my blog. Perhaps it might correct itself tonight when the USA server is awake.
John and I have three seminars for Externalisation lined up now - with Language, Mech Eng and Mining Eng. I think the Pro VC has his hands on the wheel whereas before the model was not working - firstly the Dept of Distance Learning was given the job of overseeing Externalising but with its being hands removed from the teaching, it really had no authority for getting things done. Then a Committee of Distance Learning really only talked about issues and didn't make policy. Now one person has assumed responsibility and I think this model will work. The pride of the Univ is at stake because the UPNG in P Moresby and Divine Word at Madang are already out of the blocks.
I've had dozens if not hundreds of nice experiences - it's what you expect in life. So one bad experience can sour your total understanding - like 11th Sept 2001 in USA, Tsunami while on holiday, a cyclone and clumsy government response. Others live by the motto expect the worst and you wont be disappointed. I think this is too cynical even for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home