outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lucky was there again this morning

I hadn't seen it for two weeks and I assumed it must have been put down. I was looking in my bag as I couldn't remember having put in my glasses when I kicked the animal and heard a whelp where upon looking around I saw that it was Lucky. It was still hairless but it seemed to be in better condition than when I saw it a couple weeks ago.
They were out again in strength today, hundreds of cream butterflies, flying around as if recently hatched (what do butterflies do - I know it is not hatched, maybe transformed?) looking at other butterflies to see how they were behaving; looking at passers by and wondering if they should behave like them; wondering what the meaning of life outside the cocoon is; wondering if they looked like the other butterflies; wondering whether it was a purposeful activity just flying around in circles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home