outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

2 big weekends in LAE

Last weekend I went to the Milne Bay dinner and Cultural evening. This was at the Golf Club. Entertainment was as usual spectacular and as I have described it before, the PNG equivalent of the Opera but at very cheap price. K30 per ticket for dinner and Traditional Dancing. This coincided with my anniversary of having arrived in LAE. I spent Sunday after having gone to Church at studying for my French exam next week. No trouble in catching a PMV this time - I caught the first one that came along to Kamkumung and the biggest wait was at Eriku until there was a busload going to Town.
This coming weekend is the Morobe Show. I will be working at the Rotary Stall on the Friday and Saturday. On Saturday Night we have our end of year dinner and on Sunday we have Confirmation and the Patronal Festival of All Souls. This is another big cultural day but I will need to get home after it in order to study again as my exam is the Friday at the end of that week.
I am not sure when Peter is back but I want to give him something towards the funeral and also something for his girls so they can attend the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home