outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

last weekend at the City Mission

I went for a swim in the pool - my first swim in LAE? Yes - though I had been in the pools at several motels in Madang and PMoresby oh and of course the sea at Loloata when I trod on the sea urchin. I brought back these new sandals a month ago and they were starting to stink - apparently from bacteria transferred from the feet to the leather so I washed them and treated them with salt and tea tree oil and anti-bacterial powder and they are not so bad now. Photos are still not uploading - must still be a pipeline problem of trying to squeeze too much data through a little pipe although I think Telecom might have been on strike last week. I think things might be back to normal now. Classes have finished for the year and I have finished my assessments.
But anyway last Saturday I worked with the course rewriting until about 10.30 then I caught a bus to Market and met the other Vollies and we got a bus to 11 mile which blew a water pump at the 10 mile and we walked the last mile on what was the hottest day this year so I collapsed into the pool on arriving. What a pleasant way to spend the day - talking by the pool and miles away from the rest of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home