outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, October 23, 2006

I had my colds wrapped last week

in a SMH paper dating from around Australia Day so it was interesting to read in hindsight what was topical about that time. Australian papers are about K13 (say $A 6) but on volunteer wages they are not really affordable regularly so I ask for my colds (meat, milk, cheese) to be wrapped.
I particularly enjoyed the cartoon on the letters page. It showed a teacher in front of a blackboard (how so-ooo last century is that?) with the lesson plan in response to the teacher's speech bubble "It's time for our lesson on Australian Values" written on the board - 1. Sledging; 2. Tax dodging; 3. Consumerism; 4. Getting pissed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home