outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I talked to AVI yesterday

and the arrangement we made is that I will serve up until the end of the academic year - provided I get work in the Language and Communications faculty. I will have done a bit over a year by that time and I will have proved something to myself.
But this has been a challenging assignment. Two sores on the backs of my legs, a stolen mobile, a rat in the house, missing undies, and unproductive work. It takes a particular kind of mettle to survive these trying issues but I have another five months of these challenges I have to overcome first. I am going to do my best. The will to win. I know I can do it. There's got to be a mini-series in there somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home