outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, June 26, 2006

suck on that and learn

to live with it Alan Jones and Piers Ackerman. Don't pretend you care about the owner driver small business men who are being screwed by Tooheys and Linfox. You are no more the friend of battlers than evangelicals are the friends of sinners. Besides, you and 52% of your aussie mates voted at the last and the previous three elections to screw anyone who was weak enough to be screwed. It's a bit late now. I just laugh and love to see you rant and rave at the "oh the injustice, oh the untold misery, oh the woe of it all" when your own policies that you so gung ho supported bite you on the bum. I can live with the screws tightened a bit further on my mortgage just as I learnt to live with the 17% Keating mortgages and as I learnt to live with Treasurer Howard's mortgages - this clever dick economic manager who managed interest rates so well he had to legislate specifically to allow banks to increase their rates ABOVE the previous cap of 13.5%. You don't remember that do you Alan or Piers or what's that other bloke, the idiot Steve? (I hope I don't malign the good footballer) Price I think it is? Not that Labor are worth believing in either - imagine Tony Albanese as a Treasurer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home