outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, June 29, 2006

enemy of the state

Who is the real enemy of the State? "Who should we support in the World Cup now?" was the poll question on the Ch 9 news teletext this morning. You're joking right? Who should WE support now? Most people probably couldn't give a rat's arse if Australia isn't playing. Point 2. Since when has following sport become corporatised? I thought PM Howard and the conservative agenda was pro-individual. Stuff anyone else, as long as I am alright. We? Mate, there's no such thing as we any more. You're broke, down on your luck, got yourself into trouble with a baby hanging on, the team is out of the World Cup? Nothin' to do with me. You shoulda thunk of that before. As for JOINT CORPORATE getting behind another team, what sort of rubbish is this? I can't believe I read the poll questions myself and as if that is not bad enough, I wonder how much they PAY the genius who writes the crap. I'd like his job. And as if that is not bad enough, can you believe PEOPLE actually ring up or text in to respond to the poll? OK, they call it interactive TV but with people like me reading the poll questions and with people like those who actually RESPOND to the poll, is it any wonder we have the government we do? I am part of a nation of morons.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Australia is such a fickle nation we don't give stuff about the world cup now that the soceroos have been knocked out. Other sports will start dominating the sporting headlines and no one will give stuff about soccer anymore.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, And rightly so, after all, it is only a GAME. Get over it and get a life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home