outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I admit I was wrong!

A correspondent kindly informed me that I had made errors of fact in my blog about celebrity weddings. I made a mistake in the names of the celebrities who got married. Apparently the bride's name was correct - Nicole Kidman - but her former husband was Tom CRUISE, not Tom Hanks. As if that was not bad enough I then had the bride being married to Steve Irwin, the famous crocodile hunter when in actual fact her new husband is Kieth URBAN. I apologise for the error and hope I did not offend the personalities involved. Thank you to my correspondent for taking the time to correct my misinformation.
Oh dear, perhaps I should not aspire to being a journalist after all. I thought facts were easy to come by and that it was the interpretation of the facts which was the hardest part.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There should be no limts to your aspirations of being a journalist now. People in the media never tell the truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home