outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

what does it mean to sit with

the wrong crowd? Hawke could sit comfortably with the cricket establishment because he was one of them. When Howard tries to sit with them, it is a matter of forbearance on their part. Howard is a try hard. It would be the same thing if I went over to Buckingham Palace. I would be a try hard if I did not recognise I could never be one of them. I played soccer at school but I have forgotten the rules. I do however carry a scar on my knee which required stitches. I used to run up and down the sidelines when Matt played but I never coached soccer. One boss told me to enter teams in the District Knockout Selection trial once and I told him we were not a soccer school, we played League but he insisted. I did my best with the team and they were beaten nine nil in the first game and I was chastised. Your team is wasting time and it is an embarrassment for the students. Tell my boss I said. He wouldn't listen to me. Last night against Italy I was happy to confess to my mate that the commentators ought to explain the ref's decisions because they must know that not many of the spectators would know the game. I am a soccer ignoramus but that does not mean I cannot be patriotic. I can be patriotic without being broken hearted or devastated. It is not my right to be broken hearted when I have contributed nothing to the game. So why is PM Howard "broken hearted"? He is bullshitting again for the sake of his image. Why do we tolerate him?

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard can't even bowl a cricket ball as showed from footage in India. I doubt he would any good at any sport so i agree he shouldn't be broken hearted because he contributed nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home